Friday, May 21, 2010

IMAP!

Back in November of 2009, the IN DOE launched a new program for beginning teachers called IMAP. http://www.doe.in.gov/educatorlicensing/IMAP.html I believe that the DOE hit a home run with this new program. The three second year teachers (as did i) that went through the process had an excellent experience. We did a book study group. We read Ted Sizer's "Horace's Compromise". We met 6 times after school for to discuss the chapters. It was great change of pace.

In August of 2009 I began working on a "lesson planning" document. I have been asked several times by teachers "what do you expect?". I spent some time putting my thoughts down and bounced ideas off of several colleagues as well. The IMAP teachers and I went through the planning process. I worked on a unit plan and modeled the process as I see it to the teachers. They created a plan as well. We had many great conversations and I gained as much as they did through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment